Reports to: Service Manager
Gasoline Equipment is a company that has been serving the petroleum industry since 1940. We have openings for full time Service Technicians based out of our Indianapolis office. The Service Technician is responsible for quickly responding to service calls recognizing and providing solutions to our customers’ needs. This includes providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, or arranging for repairs of petroleum equipment and all operating systems (primarily point-of-sale) at a given location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot dispensers, pumping systems, tank and line sensors, and POS systems and return to service using approved methods and materials.
- Install systems as needed.
- Perform calibration of dispensers.
- Test lines, tanks, sumps, dispensers and all system components as directed.
- Complete service requests and maintenance repair items in a timely manner and ensure all requests are handled in a professional manner.
- Apply appropriate safety practices and procedures according to applicable federal, state, and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Work with various testing devices, multiple hand and power tools related to the job. Maintain tools and equipment to ensure all are in proper and safe working order.
- Promptly report time, travel, and parts used to the office for billing purposes.
- Assume other assignments as needed to assist coworkers, fill needed gaps, and help the team succeed.
- Experience with computer tasks such as software installation, networks, routers, printers and other components.
- Experience with electrical controls and electronic wiring.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple competing priorities is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in various fuel systems.
- Manufacturer certifications required for Wayne Fueling Systems, VeriFone and Franklin Fueling. Training and certifications will be provided by company.
- Post-secondary training in related fields beneficial.
- Proven experience in successfully working cooperatively with a variety of people.
- Construction or contracting experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Will maintain a valid Driver’s License as well as a clean driving record.
- Combination between indoor and outdoor environments in all weather conditions.
- Sometimes exposed to cramped spaces, loud noises, dust, and work safety hazards.
- Extended work hours as required by project.
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement up and down stairways, on and off of trucks.
- Physical strength and endurance to handle packages, equipment, various materials up to 50-pounds and carry them some distance.
- Good hand–eye coordination.