Reports to: Service Manager
Gasoline Equipment is a company that has been serving the petroleum industry since 1940. We have openings for full time Service Technicians based out of our Indianapolis and Fort Wayne offices. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for a long-term opportunity, and the desire to join a growing organization. The successful candidate will be mechanically inclined with experience in computers and electronics. A reliable self-starter, who is able to work autonomously, takes the initiative, has pride in their work and pays excellent attention to detail.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot dispensers, pumping systems, tank and line sensors, and POS systems and return to service using approved methods and materials.
- Install systems as needed.
- Test lines, tanks, sumps, dispensers and all system components as directed.
- Complete service requests and maintenance repair items in a timely manner and ensure all requests are handled in a professional manner.
- Apply appropriate safety practices and procedures according to applicable federal, state, and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Work with various testing devices, multiple hand and power tools related to the job. Maintain tools and equipment to ensure all are in proper and safe working order.
- Promptly report time, travel, and parts used to the office for billing purposes.
- Assume other assignments as needed to assist coworkers, fill needed gaps, and help the team succeed.
- Experience with computer tasks such as software installation, networks, routers, printers and other components.
- Experience with electrical controls and electronic wiring.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple competing priorities is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in various fuel systems.
- Manufacturer certifications required for Wayne Fueling Systems, VeriFone and Franklin Fueling. Training and certifications will be provided by company.
- Post-secondary training in related fields beneficial.
- Proven experience in successfully working cooperatively with a variety of people.
- Construction or contracting experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Will maintain a valid Driver’s License as well as a clean driving record