Reports to: General Manager
Directly Guides: Warehouse Leader
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for quickly responding to parts and equipment demands from Customers, Service Techs, and Sales personnel. This includes providing stock levels and replenishment for standard items, defining and measuring inventory levels and turns, organizing the warehouse, shipping, receiving, and service support. A key responsibility is to continually optimize inventory, measure and control purchased item costs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish the systems and processes used to manage inventory in both Fort Wayne and Indianapolis
- Continually seek opportunities to lower total installed cost for Customers, including purchase cost and installation and service ramifications
- Develop and improve the processes used to maintain and control inventory and purchasing
- Measure and report inventory accuracy through a solid cycle counting process
- Work cooperatively with all in the company to improve inventory accuracy and total costs
- Cooperatively establish relationships with Customers to support and fulfill their needs
- Develop alternate supply sources for contingency where appropriate
- Apply appropriate safety practices and procedures according to applicable federal, state, and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Maintain shared vehicles, tools, and equipment to ensure all are in proper and safe working order.
- Assume other assignments as needed to assist coworkers, fill needed gaps, and help the team succeed.
- Experience with computer tasks such as inventory transactions and measurement, purchasing tasks, and reporting of spending patterns and trends.
- Experience in building supplier relationships, negotiating, and best purchasing practices beneficial.
- Certification in Inventory Management, such as CPIM, preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple competing priorities is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in inventory and logistics.
- Post-secondary training in related fields beneficial.
- Proven experience in successfully working cooperatively with a variety of people.
- Construction or contracting experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License as well as a clean driving record as occasional domestic travel is required.
- Mostly indoor and environments with some travel in a variety of weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to cramped spaces, loud noises, dust, and work safety hazards.
- Extended work hours as required by project.
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement up and down stairways, on and off of trucks.
- Normal physical strength and endurance to occasionally handle packages, equipment, various materials up to 40 pounds.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Salaried position, depending on experience.
- This position is eligible for benefits after waiting period.