Reports to: Service Manager
The Construction Technician is responsible for organizing, executing, and checking performance of various petroleum and lubrication systems and providing solutions to our customers’ needs. This includes providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installation, or arranging for repairs of petroleum equipment and all operating systems at a given location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair & replace various system components to return existing systems to service.
- Install systems and portions of systems as needed.
- Operate machinery within its designated area of use and provide maintenance as required for equipment.
- Operate and maintain vehicles including trucks, trailers, lift trucks, scissor lift, and other powered equipment.
- Perform calibration of dispensers.
- Test lines, tanks, sumps, dispensers and all system components as directed.
- Complete service requests and maintenance repair items in a timely manner and ensure all requests are handled in a professional manner.
- Apply appropriate safety practices and procedures according to applicable federal, state, and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Work with various testing devices, multiple hand and power tools related to the job. Maintain tools and equipment to ensure all are in proper and safe working order.
- Remain actively engaged in supporting the service team during gaps in specific construction work.
- Promptly report time, travel, and parts used to the office for billing purposes.
- Assume other assignments as needed to assist coworkers, fill needed gaps, and help the team succeed.
- Some experience with electrical controls and electronic wiring.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple competing priorities is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose some problems in various fuel systems.
- Post-secondary training in related fields beneficial.
- Proven experience in successfully working cooperatively with a variety of people.
- Construction or contracting experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Will maintain a valid Driver’s License as well as a clean driving record.
- Combination between indoor and outdoor environments in all weather conditions.
- Sometimes exposed to cramped spaces, loud noises, dust, and work safety hazards.
- Extended work hours as required by project.
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement up and down stairways, on and off of trucks.
- Physical strength and endurance to handle packages, equipment, various materials up to 50-pounds and carry them some distance.
- Good hand–eye coordination.