Directly Guides: Office Personnel
The Manager works directly for the Managing Partner and assists and/or leads initiatives to improve the financial strength of the holding companies and/or clients. They will provide education and training on financial tools, analysis, forecasting, etc. and work closely with internal teams to drive results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all required daily accounting transactions are done properly and on a timely basis, i.e. invoicing, payables, receivables and collections, item costs and margins, etc.
- Provide financial reporting and analysis to guide business decisions
- Ensure data and reporting accuracy
- Perform month end closing duties providing results and analysis
- Establish and maintain banking relationships and financing including required reporting
- Assist with defining pricing/quoting strategies and develop tools to turn quotes quickly
- Coordinate coverage and manage costs for general insurance, liability, and employee benefits
- Coordinate financial auditing and tax preparation with external CPA firm
- Provide guidance, coaching, and development for office personnel especially regarding proficiency with QB and QBO
- Assist with and validate the cycle count process for proper inventory control
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective action for errors in transactions or processes
- Recommend changes to processes, systems, software and staffing to improve profitability and efficiency
- Assume other assignments as needed to assist coworkers, fill needed gaps, and help the team succeed
- Related Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years experience in financial role (Prefer experience in distribution, construction, manufacturing and/or retail in that order)
- Experience handling complex financial reports and transactions
- History of successful working relationships internally and externally including banks, customers & vendors
- Proven history of identifying and initiating cost cutting measures or improving cash flow
- Comprehension and execution of GAAP.
- Experience developing pricing strategies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in both QuickBooks and QB Online as well as Excel and other MS Office products.
- Very good business acumen
- Will be required to work out of multiple locations through the week; all within the Fort Wayne area.